Our Summer Camp: Hard to Spell, Easy to Love
Imagine a summer camp in the Adirondacks that combines all of this every single day:
- Unmatched beauty of our north shore location on one of the great Adirondack Lakes
- Self-discovery that starts with exceptional counselors and instructors
- Delight that comes from realizing previously unknown talents and skills
- Adventure that comes from trying brand new things with lots of support
Imagine all this happening, when all you expected was a great time:
- Together we build a sense of real community, beginning with sportsmanship
- Together we create a secure and supportive environment, based on mutual respect
- Together we form warm and lasting friendships . . . because we’re really nice
And that great time you expected happens every day.
Location, Location, Location - Ours Is Quite Special
For our campers, Camp Chateaugay represents a truly exciting journey to a very special place.
For our campers who travel a bit farther to arrive here, Camp Chateaugay is almost like a special land.
- Your child does not have to cross a road to get to our lake
- Camp's lakefront is a quarter mile with an additional mile (+) of forever wild lakeshore
- Camp is safely located right on the lakeshore
- Secluded location keeps campers safe
It starts with playing in the sunshine. Then it becomes part of your life.
When people search for a summer camp, they often hear a lot about Camp Spirit.
Whether or not a parent remembers the almost magical appearance of Camp Spirit in their own lives, we can assure you that here, we do our part to make it happen every summer:
- Traditional games, campfires, camp celebrations – to create indelible memories
- Bonding across age groups, genders and nationalities – to encourage friendship
- Continuous surprises – from wacky traditions to spontaneous dining hall craziness